I’m trying to develop a minimal systems language based on S-Expressions and targeting the ARM Thumb instruction set. It builds on the assembler that I wrote for Armitage (Teensy3 based PC). I read many articles about LISP and Scheme implementations. I built Movitz using SBCL and ran it with VirtualBox, which worked.
This gave me confidence that an S-Expression based kernel/systems language is totally feasible. The plan is to spec this minimal SX-based language so that it can be naturally morphed into Scheme via macros.
I’m working on a JITing cross-interpreter that is written in C. The language has a keyword “asm” that allows to bind native Thumb routines to variables which can then be strung together in lambdas to make bigger building blocks.
The following code “works” in the cross interpreter. A thumb binary is generated and bound to “char-put”. I tested that binary blob in thumbulator and it correctly outputs characters on the emulated UART. The first step is done.(do (def char-put (asm (sym 'sys-screen-widt) (mul 'r1 'r7) (add 'r0 'r1 'r0) (sym 'sys-screen-addr) (add 'r7 'r0 'r7) (label 'loop) (str 'r2 'r7 0) (mov 'r2 66) (bne 'loop) )) (char-put 0 0 65) (char-put 1 0 66) (char-put 2 0 67) (char-put 3 0 68) )
Holy fuck this is awesome.
How to live like a king for very little By THOR HARRIS
1. Don’t smoke cigarettes.
2. Drive old Japanese cars. Easy and cheap to fix & they run for fucking ever.
3. Buy most of your groceries from the produce section. Most of that other shit is not actually food. You don’t need it.
4. Ride your bike instead of driving as much as you can. You need the exercise and gas is expensive.
5. Don’t have kids. They’re not miracles, they’re people. 7 billion is too fucking many. Find some other way to give your dull existence some meaning. BTW they’re expensive.
6. Get your clothes from thrift stores. With the physique you’ll have from riding your bike, you’ll look hot wearing anything.
7. Learn to fix things. Tons of great books and youtube vids on fixing anything. Or ask an old dude. People used to fix things. No shit.
8. Learn a trade – Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, auto mechanics, tailoring, computer/electronics repair, something They can’t fucking outsource. No one gives a shit about your Masters in Dostoyevsky…. fix something, dumbass, fix something!
9. If you like booze, drink at home with your neighbors. Drunk driving is for assholes, rich ones with lawyers.
10. Do people favors. It’s called Cooperation. It’s how the world worked before money. They will return the favor, or someone will. No shit. This really works.
11. Make things – Look around you. What do you see? Yah, shitty stuff made by impoverished enslaved people far away. Pick anything. Make a better one. People want good shit. You won’t get rich, but you’ll get by.
12. If you live in America – don’t get sick and avoid injury. Wear your fucking helmet and put lights on your bike.
13. Find work you love. If you can’t do that, then find a job where you love the people.
14. Junkies and addicts are like toddlers. They just want to shit all over you and everything. The messes they make can get expensive. Avoid them if you can.
15. Don’t buy shit on credit, remember what happened to America? Cash only, fuckers. Can’t afford it? Don’t fucking buy it!
16. Preventable expenses - STD’s, abortions, DWI’s, lung cancer, head injuries, speeding tickets, cirrhosis of the liver.
17. Don’t go on fancy dates if you’re not fancy. Most people kind of despise the rich anyway.
18. When you go see shows, bring a flask in. That way you can afford to buy a record.
19. If you had told me 15 years ago that Coca Cola would put tap water in plastic bottles and motherfuckers would BUY IT …… No fuckin way.
20. Don’t get cable. Asshole. There is nothing on. I promise. $100 a month ? Fuck no!
This list was edited by Stacey Yates with contributions from Jherek Bishoff, Chad Raines & Amanda Palmer. We live in a wasteful society. Live well. It don’t take much. Really.
via monofonus press
I agree with every word. I live by most.
Here, let’s just tidy that up a bit…
Social Justice Kittens 2014 Calendar
Social Justice Kittens 2014 Calendar (sample pages)